What is it With the Rumblefish?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Folmeister, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    I have been amazed at how good my Rumblefish is these days. I have a small stable of good basses, including a new wicked Bongo 5, but am finding the Rumblefish sounds awesome through any amp (I have been on a tube kick lately) I use. It also plays like butter and is very easy on the back and shoulders. I reach for it everytime and kick myself that I can't get another one. Anyone else using one as their main weapon?
  2. i feel the same way about my XL. i am not a man of means right now, and couldn't really justify anything more than an MIM fender, but i'd love to have another rumblefish around. maybe it's a good thing they're not being made anymore so i'm not tempted.

by the way, i predict they'll be back eventually but they'll cost a lot more when it happens.
  3. I am currently enamored with my P-Bass clone but I still use my Rumblefish XL quite a bit. I used it with my ancient silverface Bassman 50 on New Years Eve and was astounded by how good it sounded. I don't think I've ever played a better feeling bass than the 'fish.
  4. I had to sell my fish to buy tools for my bass building endevor (sp?). I still say it's the coolest bass I've ever played. The sound was all me. I will get another one next time I see something I like on eBay.

They will have to start making them again.

Oh yea, I also think they are beautiful. Thats right, I said it. :D
  5. It's mojo. Pure and simple. My blue Rumblefish has the magic. It's just the perfect bass for me. My white one is cool, too, but the blue one has been touched by some sort of otherworldly power. Every time I think about buying something else, I remind myself about the plethora of basses I've owned that cost 2-3 times as much, didn't even come close to the 'Fish in terms of tone and playability, and now belong to someone else.
  6. ..but I wish I did. A couple of years ago when I was bass-shopping, I showed a picture of one to my wife- she made a face. Mind you, we disagree all the time, particularly on bass aesthetics. But that bugged me. Still does.
  7. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State