Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

WHAT IS IT?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassteban, Dec 5, 2012.

1. [​IMG]
    I know it's a variety of Ibanez Musician(Studio model?). I may flip it as it's heavy & I don't need a second fretted four- but it sounds SWEET

Edit: Pardon the quickie phone pic- will do better tomorrow or tonight

Edit#2: Appears to be an ST-924

2. Well sheeyoot- neck PU seems dead. Anyone know the control layout? I'm guessing vol/tone/vol/tone, coil taps for each PU & PU selector. No output w/toggle in mid or fwd position; bad toggle maybe? I am not good w/electronics

3. nixdad

nixdad Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    I believe it's the Ibanez Studio model. I had the 8 string version for a short time back in the early 80's.

4. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    Ibanez Studio bass ST924 I love the body contour sweet looking bass

5. GM60466

GM60466

May 20, 2006
    Land of Lakland
    Roadstar series from the early '80s>?

6. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    It's not a 924, it's an 824.

7. quite_angry

quite_angry

Aug 6, 2012
    Man oh man have I ever always wanted one of those.

8. Bobster

Bobster

Mar 27, 2006
    Austin, TX
  9. OK- ST-824 it is. Gotta sort the PU/toggle issue.
    Edit: Thank you, gentlemens

10. Crap- the toggle is funky. Was hoping to see a Les Paul-type deal but its more complex. Only glanced last night- through beer gogs- seems to have 2 paired sets of 3 tiny wires going to each PU. Will post pics later- can anyone link me to a schematic?

11. coldfingers

coldfingers Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Yeah, thats a Studio series bass. I had a '79 that someone stole at a gig in SF. Would love to have that bass again. Yes, very heavy, but nice tone.

12. ShoeManiac

ShoeManiac Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2006
    New Jersey
    +1

I had the 8 string version of this bass, too. It was heavy as all get-out! Great tone, but a bear to strap on and play. I have little doubt that the 4 string is much different.

13. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
  14. It is a nice one, will.probably keep it. The electronics are scratchy, if I haven't mentioned that, but I'm hopeful it can be sorted out. Best part: $200