1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What is "Liberal"

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Phil Smith, Apr 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Peoples Republic of Brooklyn
    Creator of: iGigBook for Android/iOS
    In the "indoctrination" thread, this term was thrown into the ring and I like to get an idea if there's a consensus on what it means with respect to a way of thinking, acting or being.

I'm not going to be challening what your idea is, but I may ask you a question about why you think the way that you do about it.

2. What is one of two ideologies that, when debated, usually lead to the closing of a thread. I'll take "Ways to Get a Thread Closed" for $200.

Mike

3. plexibass

plexibass

Jun 30, 2005
    the easiest way to describe it:

liberal-support gay marriage and welfare. dont see anything wrong with it. tax and spend.

conservative-dont support it. threatens their religious beliefs. morality police. try to tell everyone else what to do. spend but cut taxes

libertarians- we dont care about your cause or your religion. just leave us alone and keep govt out of our pockets. this one is me.

4. eric234

eric234 Guest

Mar 11, 2005
    philadelphia
    :rollno: i give this thread four hours before it's closed

5. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    If you don't have anything to contribute to this thread, maybe you shouldn't post in it and if it's a topic you don't agree with it maybe you shouldn't read it.

6. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    This isn't a debate about an ideology, it's a discussion on what people think the ideology is, big difference.

7. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    People are taught to be more concerned with labels than with individual ideas.

This creates more dissent than necessary, but it can be a handy tool for those who want to control large groups of people for one reason or another.

Too political for OT, though.

For the Lobby too, I'm afraid. I don't think I should move it there either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.