1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

what is music for you

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by fr0me0, Oct 22, 2005.

1. fulltime music (no day job)

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  2. havea day job but music covers some of the bills

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  3. spend more on music than I make off it

11 vote(s)
    57.9%
  4. other (specify)

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  1. fr0me0

fr0me0

Dec 7, 2004
    Winnipeg Canada
    sorry if this has been covered didn't find anything on a search, just wondering where music fits in for most people.

2. Praise & worship up to 5 times a week+outside gigs(w/church band & choir)2 or 3 times a month in the summertime+diddling at home in/my primitive home studio. In all the years I've played(27; only the last 4 or 5 in church)I've made less than $100, & reall y never tried to. That's just me- I have great admiration for pros or just working stiffs, I'm just not one of them. I change a mean diaper, though. :spit:

3. The Owl

The Owl

Aug 14, 2005
    Atlanta GA
    Strictly as an independent artist nowadays. I have a day job to keep the roof over me head which frees me up to record and produce music I love even though it'll NEVER sell Michael Jackson or Madonna numbers, Whatever live playing I do will be for the sheer joy of creating and if I get paid for it, all the better. I've gotten to the point in life where I will not play the record company game.

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Spend more on music than i make. My band does about a gig a month, just for fun.

5. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I am always listening to tunes. I love playing gigs, but being in a cover band, I miss jam sessions.