what is music for you

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by fr0me0, Oct 22, 2005.

1. fulltime music (no day job)

4 vote(s)
  2. havea day job but music covers some of the bills

2 vote(s)
  3. spend more on music than I make off it

11 vote(s)
  4. other (specify)

2 vote(s)
  1. fr0me0

Dec 7, 2004
    Winnipeg Canada
    sorry if this has been covered didn't find anything on a search, just wondering where music fits in for most people.
  2. Praise & worship up to 5 times a week+outside gigs(w/church band & choir)2 or 3 times a month in the summertime+diddling at home in/my primitive home studio. In all the years I've played(27; only the last 4 or 5 in church)I've made less than $100, & reall y never tried to. That's just me- I have great admiration for pros or just working stiffs, I'm just not one of them. I change a mean diaper, though. :spit:
  3. The Owl

The Owl

Aug 14, 2005
    Atlanta GA
    Strictly as an independent artist nowadays. I have a day job to keep the roof over me head which frees me up to record and produce music I love even though it'll NEVER sell Michael Jackson or Madonna numbers, Whatever live playing I do will be for the sheer joy of creating and if I get paid for it, all the better. I've gotten to the point in life where I will not play the record company game.
  4. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Spend more on music than i make. My band does about a gig a month, just for fun.
  5. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I am always listening to tunes. I love playing gigs, but being in a cover band, I miss jam sessions.