What is music to you?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bushfire, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Just wanted to get some ideas from you guys.

Music, to me, is a way to get across an idea, a feeling, an emotion, a passion. Whether you are listening to it or making it, passion should shine through. When I'm listening to music, I know it's good when I forget all my worries and slip into some kind of parallell universe where I have no troubles.

Sorry if this has been done before, or makes no sense.
  2. popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    It may sound corny, but music is pretty much everything to me. I listen to it, I study it, I explore it etc etc. Yet, I see myself a very big 'newb' in the whole world of music, which keeps me excited and searching onwards!
    I know for fact, that if it wern't for music, my life would be pretty poor right now (not money wise either, though perhaps that too), or I may not have much of a life/if at all.

I owe so much to the world of music, and I love it.
  3. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Music is individual, and undefineable.

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

what he said!
  5. Many people can agree with that.
  6. My excuse for being dumb. " Yeah, so I can't make straight A's, but i'm a music kinda man."
  7. ryco

Apr 24, 2005
    Music is alot like life. Any given note is here for awhile and then it's gone. A wisp. One can capture it on tape or digital file, but that is a representation - not the real thing. As a photograph is a representation of your physical being - not you (the jury's STILL out on Farah Fawcett). Like a note your physical presence is here in this place for awhile and then it's off into where ever. This element/idea is what attracts me to music.

My dad is an artist and he doesn't understand why I don't draw more. He says "at least with a picture you got something physically down permanently, something you can hold in your hands". I guess that's important to some.

That we're dumb is a given - we're bass players!
  8. At 41...music is the root of everything I do. I get to work at 5:00AM and the first thing I do is turn on my boom box. As I drive my bug from point "A" to point "B" I have the music at around 2000 decibels. Soon as I get home, after I lock the door the first thing is kickin' on the stereo. Been this was since I was 7 or so...minus the work & drivin' of course.!!