1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

what is my cabinet? (ampeg)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 20Hz, Feb 17, 2008.

1. 20Hz

20Hz

Dec 2, 2007
    Seattle
    So I've had this cab since the mid 90s, bought used. I've lately been thinking about ditching my 15 and adding another 4x10 or 2x12 or something. I was thinking I'd look up the specs to my current ampeg 4x10 and looked on the sticker on the back, and it says:

SVT-210 HE
    200w
    8Ohms

But it's clearly a 4x10. What gives? Was it just stickered incorrectly. All the info I can find on the SVT 210 HE shows that (as you'd expect) it's a 2x10. Confused..

2. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Is the sticker on the jack plate?

3. 20Hz

20Hz

Dec 2, 2007
    Seattle
    yeah so I guess it is a mislabled 410 HE.

I'm trying to figure out what to do about my rig:

Hartke 7000
    SVT 410 HE
    Crate 115 JBL

I feel like the 15 is the weaker cab, but the 410 is no great shakes running alone (mono). Reading the specs off Ampeg's website, it seems like the SVT 410 HE doesn't have a lot of bottom end. And actually it seems like the 15 has better high end response if I'm running them bi-amped and switch the hi and lo outs. The thing that's got me thinking is that one day I was sick and lazy so I didn't lug my 15 to the rehearsal studio, and just plugged the Hartke in to the SWR 610 cab they have there, mono. It kicked ass, much better than anything I've been able to get out of my two cabs.
    So what I'm wondering is, would I be better off ditching them both and getting one more modern, lower extending 410? Or something like the 610 or a Henry 8x8?
    I play heavy rock, funk etc. Spend lots of time on the Low B and want it all (punch, growl and depth). It seems like the amp has what it takes. If I traded both for say...an Acme Low B4 or some other solid 410 with good extension, I'm wondering if I'm going to give up anything, aside from a little volume..

Thx in advance for those of you who have experience with similar setups..

4. 20Hz

20Hz

Dec 2, 2007
    Seattle
    yes.

5. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Then someone probably broke the original jackplate and found one from a 210 to put in it's place.

Sorry, I can't help on the specs as I really don't know Ampeg's cab very well.