What is on my new BTB515? Replacement recommendations?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Funkateer, Jul 16, 2002.

1. Funkateer

Jul 5, 2002
    Los Gatos, CA
    They appear to be round-wound, and have one blue wind and one 'silver' one on each string. I think they are stainless steel. Too bright for my taste, and more importantly, murder on my fingers. Any recommendations for flat-wound strings? The bass currently has a .135 (i think) for the B string and it has real nice tension.
  2. Hi Telemark,

the string you describes would be the Ibanez BTB strings.

I myself just got a BTB (400QM). Mine had GHS on it and the tone IMVHO was VERY bad, muddy no punch no high etc.

I tried the SR-2000 (Wil Lee) gauge and I'm pretty please with the sound, a lot of clarity and deep tone. They are not flat-wound though, steel tapered wound. They have a somewhat higher tension than both the GHS I had and the DR Hi-Beam I tried on it. So you may like them.

I'm a newbie on bass so take my advice with a pinch of salt :p

BTW I'd like to know how flat sounds on a BTB. Please post some info once you tried some!
  3. BillSC

BillSC Guest

May 30, 2002
    Columbia, SC
    I just bought an Ibanez 1005 Fretless. I love the bass, but the strings are murder. This is my first fretless. Are all fretless strings that hard on the hand...or is it just the Ibanez strings?:confused: