1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What is proper Talk Bass etiquette for shipping time?

Discussion in 'Classifieds Usage Discussion and Help' started by kerrycares, Apr 9, 2019.

1. kerrycares

kerrycares Lover of God, People , Music and Bass Gold Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2006
    Michigan
    i just had a talk with a few talkbassers and opinions varied on what was proper shipping time after an offer to buy has been funded.

Most folks I spoke with felt 24 hrs to 48 hrs max was acceptable.

2. murmur70

murmur70

May 3, 2017
    Indiana
    I would say that sounds fair depending on the situation. Communication is key.

3. Madcity Fats

Madcity Fats Supporting Member

May 28, 2008
    Madison, Wisconsin
    I tell prospective customers upfront if there's going to be any significant delay shipping something, meaning usually before they've sent payment. A message like "Just so you know, I won't be able to get this shipped until _________." Generally, if the wait/excuse is reasonable, people are cool with that. I think generally nobody expects Amazon-like speed since none of us is doing this for a living.

If you're going to be out of town and have something listed in the classifieds that you won't be able to ship for a week or two or whatever, it would probably be best to note that in your ad.

4. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton valar morghulis Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    I always ship either same day or next day, depending when payment comes in. If I can't for whatever reason, I tell them for whatever reason before they pay.