what is punk?

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by downstairs, Feb 12, 2002.

1. downstairs

May 13, 2001
    Pasadena, MD
    "Two guys are standing in a parking lot, one guy turns to the other and says 'What is punk?' The second guy kicks over a trashcan and says 'That is punk!' The first guy makes his way to the next trashcan and kicks it over and says 'So, now I'm punk?' The second guy replies 'No, you're trendy!'"

2. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    ...actually, that's pretty good.
  3. GHSbassist

Jan 12, 2002
    That fits most of my crazy friends who think they're punk.
  4. How many Punks does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

Who gives a &^#$, %#$^ You!!!

I'm not sure that will pass the board of censors please feel free to delete if it doesn't .
  5. well, being a "punk" is trendy altogether anyway.
  6. deadpool

Aug 8, 2001
    I don't think you get the joke.
  7. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    You manage to inject your ignorance into every punk related thread. Anyway, I like it :).
  8. LOL

I liked that one...
  9. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    I KNOW that that is from some sort of comic strip. I just don't know where it is.

My friend told me about that early in this school year.

It's funny 'cause it's true!

If being a punk is being an irreverant dip-****, count me out! If being a punk is being an irreverant smart-***, I'm knee deep in punk-ness (minus the irreverant part, I'd be shoulder deep in the border line).*

*whosoever can name the song I just referrenced, you win a blue **** special, courtesy Andy Fedock...nevermind.

10. Tool, Stinkfist. From the Ænima album
  11. trust me, buddy. I got the joke.
  12. Prague77

Aug 20, 2001
    Waco, TX
    Punk has become so untrendy, it has become trendy :p
  13. Being a punk is all in your heart. Its not about doing abnormal things, Wearing certain clothes. Or listening to a certain music. Its all in the heart. What mtv and vh1 describe punks as deserve to be killed. If u wear converse all stars and ****ty clothes and you consider yourself a punk. You are just a dumbass. You can dress like a prep and be a punk in the heart but you would prolly get ur ass kicked. That is punk
  14. Sofa King

Sofa King

Aug 20, 2000
    Rowlett, TX
    Lol! I like it lots, very true :p
  15. Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    lol, so true

Being punk is just being yourself, that's the highest form of rebellion
  16. Thank you atleast someone sees reality. Punks aren't that stupid blink 182 who is on mtv non-stop they deserve to be cancelled
  17. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    i think the whole concept of "punk" is a paradox.

giving a label to something that rejects labels is highly paradoxical.

therefore, there is no such thing as punk as we know it.

it has its common uses, and most are satisfied with it just being a label.

even if you are yourself, is that "punk?" do you need someone to tell you that you are "punk" to be a "punk." do you need to want to be one? can you be one without trying?

most aren't even themselves, only what they are through others' perspectives.

in conclusion, sum 41 roolz!!!
    (sorry, i just have to jerk you around)

ps-one blue **** special for freaky fender...or best offer.
  18. cap

Aug 8, 2001
    Hickam Hawaii
    punk is a trend and being punk is about being anti-trendy....somebody tell me punk isnt dead