Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What is the best 4 string bass you can buy?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 4stringthing, May 16, 2001.

1. Lovebown

Lovebown

Jan 6, 2001
    Sweden
    If we knew the answer to that we'd probably all have it by now. It's a matter of taste.

/lovebown

2. Good lord there are soooo many answers to this.... it all depends on a bunch of things. Style, personal preference, cost... etc

3. I would choose a Stingray or a Sterling. IMO. It really depends on your style,the sound you want,and your buget. The best one is the one that is best for you.

4. MJB

MJB

Mar 17, 2000
    There is no best, only different.

5. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    One you can afford.

Given that, the ones with the "Anti-Suck" circuitry are out of reach for most of us.

6. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    I know the answer, I just don't have the money.

:p

7. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    What qualities would you like to see in "the best 4-string bass you can buy"?

8. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    It's probably going to end up being a Sadowsky, although I'm sure Lakland is comparable.

9. Suburban

Suburban

Jan 15, 2001
    lower mid Sweden
    The one that fits you!

Your hands, your fingers, your arms, your back, your shoulders, your belly, your ear, your taste and your budget.

That is definately the best you can buy.

Next question, please!

10. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    Looking at your profile I suggest a Stingray

11. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    Boston,Ma
    Hey Guys......Laklands are awesome! I own 2! Sadowsky's are great too but my new love is a Mike Lull Modern 4. I suggest you try one before dropping 3000.00 on a Sadowsky!

12. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    $15,000 for your Fender? I guess that sounds about right, since my Spector's up for sale. I'm currently accepting bids starting about $450,000. I can't be flexible in the price, though, because I'm trying to buy 30 Fenders...:D:DLOL!!!

...no, I'm not trying to say my Spector is better than Andy's Fender. just making a joke about prices...

13. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    I love my Salas Custom 4 which was $919!! :D.. this Salas Custom 4 can take on any other basses above $2000! I love this bass to death :D

DM:D