What is the Best Bass Overdrive???

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by FuManChu, Apr 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FuManChu

Mar 3, 2005
    I'm hoping that all of you fine folks at talk bass can help me out. I'm looking for a good Bass Overdrive. I've owned and used the Boss ODB-3 and I really like the bass boost and the functions, but it is too over the top, buzzy, for my tastes. I'm looking more for an overdrive that retains the bass quality like the ODB-3 and has no drop in low end, but has an Overdrive sound, not a full on distortion sound. Any personal experience and triumphs appreciated. What is the Best Bass Overdrive?
    Dave :bassist:
  2. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
  3. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Hi - Welcome to Effects at Talkbass. We talk about alot, alot in this forum, so a search for the pedal you want is normally a good start, as you can see from this link:

We've talked about the Best Bass Overdrive over 500 times before. Happy reading.
  4. I'm loving too different settings on my BOSS ME-50B.

The one that I use for a little volume boost/treble boost and a tiny small amount of overdrive is the Bass Driver. As in the jpeg, BASS DRIVER setting and the other controls are either fully clock-wise or fully counter clockwise.

My other setting is HIGH BAND DRIVE with all controls at 12o'clock. A slightly buzzy overdrive with big clean bottom end.

I'll try and record some samples later on.
  5. johnvice

Sep 7, 2004
    Please post the jpeg. Thnks :)
  6. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.