1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

what is the "Best bass"

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by musicbaker, Jan 13, 2012.

1. B1006 LTD

7 vote(s)
    11.7%
  2. Burner 6 KSD

14 vote(s)
    23.3%
  3. Ibanez BTB776

39 vote(s)
    65.0%
  1. musicbaker

musicbaker

Jul 22, 2011
    hello friends!

Im looking for a 6 strings basses (1000USD-1300USD)
    and i saw this options:

B1006 LTD
    Burner 6 KSD
    Ibanez BTB776

what of that 3 basses do you think is better?

cheers!
    PD: if you want to recommend other bass (Around that mount of money, please say it)

Sorry 4 my english!

2. I like the LTD, it's really nice to play. I haven't played the other two though, so I can't compare.

3. matej4444

matej4444

Jul 17, 2010
    yamaha trb1006

4. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    Used EBMM Bongo 6

5. mmbongo

mmbongo Dilly Dilly! Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Carvin. USA Made, neck through, custom made with the options you want. Quality and construction is on another planet compared to the ones you listed.

6. Tupac

Tupac

May 5, 2011
    ...Carrots?

7. bassbenj

bassbenj

Aug 11, 2009
    +1 on carrots!

You have picked three of the most amazing 6 string basses on the planet in that price range! I own a KS burner 6 and it's Astounding. So are the BTB basses. (lots of positive opinions here in TB) And while I've not played an LTD bass, if my guitar is any measure, those will be an astounding instrument as well.

Hence "best bass" is a really dumb question.

They are ALL 6 string "best basses"! The question is which one appeals most to you and best fits your usual music. Hence "which one to buy'" is a question I can't answer for myself not having played the LTD (yet), so how can we answer it for you?

My main 6 string is a Modulus, but it's only in the price range of the others if you find one used (as I did).

8. Depends. For metal?

9. musicbaker

musicbaker

Jul 22, 2011

well, im play blues, rock, metal, funk, jazz...so, i need a very versatile bass

10. f64

f64

Oct 31, 2009
    Hey, all great picks here!
    I know for me what's most important is which one I'm most comfortable with and there's a lot to that. Not only is it which one feels the easiest to play (which will want me to play it more), weight, controls and something else I can't explain. Some basses seem to magnify my mistakes while others seem more forgiving. Play each of them if you can - then decide and good luck!

11. viciousnemesis

viciousnemesis

Jan 4, 2012
    I own a 1305 btb and its the best bass i've ever played, and everyone that hears it thinks it's amazing. It's very versatile too. My vote is the btb, but your tastes may differ.

12. ChrisCassisi

ChrisCassisi

Mar 24, 2011
    San Jose, CA
    The Ibanez BTBs are amazingly versatile. I own and play a fretted and fretless BTB 676 and play everything on them. The 776 is just as awesome. The body shape is easy to get around on and allows access to the upper register without any problem. The EQ and pups are actually really reliable and sound awesome. Go for the BTB you will not be disappointed at all.