What is the best deal you have ever gotten?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bob Clayton, May 28, 2003.

1. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    Plain and simple, best value for least money...doesn't have to involve music...but mine does

i got a brand new Fender Deluxe P Bass for $100 thanks to a mess up by the company...on the last payment i made..i paid $45.10...they entered it as $451.00...which happened to be the balence left...so excellent bass cheap price for me?

what is your best deal?
  2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Brand SPANKIN new MIM Jazz Deluxe with active pick ups... $360 at GC.

It is a great bass.
  3. Hmm. 1979 GS550 suzuki for $100. Everything works.

Time to start messing it up!
  4. I bought a running van for a dollar once...but all I did with it was park it in my driveway and throw crap at it. I guess I got my money's worth.
  5. today...

in Algebra.

Julie,she traded me this awsome ass pen for some crappy PAPERMATE pen I was using...

that was so nice.

6. Oh...

haha,was just thinking about this one.

My Education and Schooling of course!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  7. Nate Dawg

Nate Dawg

Apr 8, 2000
    Denver, CO
    I traded a bunch of worthless football cards once and got almost an entire set of 1973 Topps Baseball Cards in return.
  8. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    This has been done before.
  9. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

My 1979 Ibanez "Studio" Bass and Fender Bassman 4x10 amp for $350.00 was a good deal.

But dollar per sqft., this was the best deal in my life.

10. malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    $475. It was trashed when I got it and it's shown here in it's restored form, but still....$475 :smug:

11. Jonesy4fnk

Jonesy4fnk Supporting Member

oh man that Alembic is a sweet deal.

I got a 60's Kay upright for free. A friend of my mother's had caught her husband cheating and separated from him. He left his Kay at the house (which was hers) and she gave it to me.

sucks for him...cool for me.
  12. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Sherwood Newcastle was clearing out old inventory on uBid and Ebay a couple years back. I got a brand new AM-9080 5 channel amplifier, original retail $1199, for $394 shipped, brand new, WITH WARRANTEE. Got the matching preamp, the AV-P9080, also msrp $1199, for $378 shipped. I went and sold my old receiver for $500.
  13. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
  14. peavey TKO-80 bass amp AND a Fender 2x12 guitar amp with reverb and chorus. $130 for both.
  15. squier fat strat for 10$. brand new. the input was broke, so my friend thought it was totally broken. took it to the guitar doctor, paid a good 3$ for a new input, and all is well.
  16. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    i thought guitars had outputs...not inputs....but yeah....that is prolly the best deal so far
  17. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    '95 Zon Sonus Special 5 Fretless, used but with a brand new neck:

Traded even for a bass I had $700 total in.

18. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    spector ns2000 plus a pretty nice hardcase for a MIA Fender Jazz Deluxe. '98 model with nearly no scratches. I Small cymbal scar on the bottom side of the headstock, and a tuner that needed tightening, but that's it. I couldn't get the right tone out of the Spector, and the other guy couldn't get the Right tone out of the Jazz. It worked out for both of us.