What is the best generation IPod

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by PhatBoi5, Jan 15, 2006.

1. I have have a creative nomad for about a year or two and am thinking of grabbing a 20Gb Ipod of ebay. I see alot of 4th generations there but I dont know if that is good or bad
  2. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Always get the latest one, better software development support. Up until two days ago I would have said steer clear of the 4th generation until the smart playlists issue was addressed, but now it has been fixed either 4th of 5th would be fine.
  3. JansenW

Nov 14, 2005
    Cambridge, MA
    IMHO: I like the 3G iPods. The battery is easier to change since it is not glued in like the 4G iPods. The batteries on the Minis and Nanos are even harder to change yourself.
  4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I like the 3rd generation iPods the most. The newer ones offer more features, better battery life and are slimmer, but something about the button layout on the 3rd generation I like. I could never really get into the click wheel design too much.
  5. Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    I had a G3 for a couple years, and it was great, but the battery life started to shrink fast after about a year. I got a new G5 and think it's much better than the old ones, the button change didn't bother me.
  6. Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    I've owned them all except for the g5 video, nano, and mini. I really liked the g3 for the button layout and the fact that it was totally touch sensitive. At the moment I own the g5 photo, and I absolutely love it. The click wheel doesn't bother me, as I was used to it on the g1 and g2. All of them are great sans the Nano, in my opinion.
  7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Sign me up for the G3 also. I don't think any of them are bad though.

8. fookgub

Jun 5, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Rio Karma is my choice. I guess they're starting to become outdated and a little bulky now, but the feature set is awesome and the software is very functional. The reliability can be suspect. My first one died in a week, but the second one has been going strong for over a year, doing full-time car duty.

Anyway, I didn't mean to hijack the thread, but the iPod isn't the only mp3 player out there.