Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What is the best online place to order a bass from?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by a e i o u, Jan 11, 2004.

1. I finially have the money to buy a geddy lee bass, and no where around here sells them.

2. well ive never order a bass off the internet, but ive ordered my amps and everything else off of www.musiciansfriend.com and its been great, fast delivery and have never screwed up my order at all

3. sethlow3

sethlow3 Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Nashville, Tennessee
    no DO NOT USE MUSICIANS FRIEND.

They are overpriced and I have heard many a horror stories.
    Besides you could do much better with

bass NW
    Bass central
    Bass palace

4. They have a price guarantee to match any price within 45 days of purchase, how is that overpriced? Most of the time they wave shipping and no sales tax.

5. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    It really depends on what it is you are getting.

I'm a bit prejudiced on certain items (see my sig! ;) ), but for what you are looking at, MF is a good place to start looking. If you have any difficulties, you have a resource here at TB to help you out with things. I won't name names, but he's about...he may even chip in eventually and reveal himself...

...but if he doesn't, and you have difficulties, let me know and I will help you out as best I can.

6. :D

i know of this little place thats pretty good...

***click me***

:smug:

but yeah, if they dont have what you're after, musiciansfriend.com has always served me well.

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Well, if you find something at BassNW, I can go check it out in person for you before you buy it.

-Mike

8. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    The problem with Musician's Friend is that they are owned by Guitar Center. For many people, that is indictment enough. I have had good experiences for small stuff, but I got screwed when they sold me a really heavy cabinet that was defective. I had to ship it back at considerable cost to me. In the end, I lost money. Find a more consumer friendly online dealer such as Bass NW or Bass Central.