What is the best reccomended combo????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dirk33, Dec 12, 2001.

1. dirk33

Dec 11, 2001
    Chicago Illinois
    hey hey,
    I need a solid combo for a decent price. at least 100 watts and 15 inch speaker. So far i've looked at the fender bassman 100, the ampeg BA-115, GK backline 250 or the peavey combo 115. which one would you suggest, so far i'm leaning towards the fender bassman. thanks a lot
  2. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
  3. dirk33

Dec 11, 2001
    Chicago Illinois
    i'm gonna say under 750, i'm cheap
  4. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    ooOOoo perfect timing..

I need to know what is suitable for about 750 aswell because i need a new amp..so ill just continue to sit back as the suggestions come flowing through..:D
  5. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    For $770 you can buy the Carvin RC210 brand new. That's a 600w amp.

Other than that, I do like the Fender Bassman series. They make a great amp IMO.
  6. rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    For $479.99 I absolutely love my Ampeg B-100R. But, for $750 you have lots of options. I'd go to some of the big chains (Guitar Center, Mars, Samash, etc.), plug in and play as many as I could. Bring your own bass and have fun with it. If you like the Fender, I definetly recommend checking out the Ampeg.
  7. Wow, I hated the Fender when I tried it out, it had no bottom. The Ampeg BA-115 is nice, and a litte more versatile in tone than the B100R (I just sold mine). But if you have $750 to spend, I'd look into the Nemesis 210, or if you really shop around, you may find a closeout Eden CXC-210C4 for your price. I paid $975, but I've seen closeouts listed at $599.00. Street price is about $1150.00 It's 400 watts w/an extension cab, and comes with 2 10s, one of which has a coaxial tweeter.

In any event, I think you can afford more than 100 watts, and thus should get more power.
  8. Man! for $770 - that carvin is one helluva deal! I played that rig and it absolutely is a KILLER combo! and you have that 600 watt head if ever you need it! Just add an Eden XLT sometime in the future...
  9. The Fender Bassman is nice amp!!Almost bought one.Eden makes some killer combos too,maybe a bit more than you wanted to spend though.I liked the SWR combos I played through last time at GC.
  10. jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    If you want booty, the Peavey Combo 115 is not a bad way to go. Lots of power as is -- 200 watts -- and with another cab you can get 300 watts out of the sucker.

Should be able to get one for well below $750 too.

Be advised, though -- it's a buttbuster at close to 100 pounds.
  11. I have GK-400RB III 15 inch combo. Got it for about $700 at a local music shop. It's 150 watts, 240 w/ extension cab. It suits me fine, and I like it. I've read about those Carvin's and they seem to give a lot of bang for the buck. $700-750 gives you a lot of combos to choose from. Look around, and while you do, leave your money in the bank, maybe it'll gain some interest!!!!! :D :p