1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What is the best way to record your bass tacks into your computer?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Morosini, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Morosini

Morosini

Nov 2, 2018
    California
    I tried using this poopy adapter for a day and it doesn't work well at all. I'm trying to find a good way to just plugin and record but everything seems so complicated. Any ideas (keep price in mind).

2. keyboardguy

keyboardguy Supporting Member

May 11, 2005
    Need more info:
    computer, DAW, audio interface, etc

3. jallenbass

jallenbass Supporting Member Commercial User

May 17, 2005
    Bend, Oregon
    I've used the M-Audio Fast Track Pro and the Focusrite Scarlett Solo. USB interfaces. M-Audio requires software. Focusrite doesn't. The Focusrite sounds better but has (for me) serious latency on a Windows machine. Works fine on a Mac though.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
  4. Morosini

Morosini

Nov 2, 2018
    California
    Thanks

5. If price is a serious concern, look into a cheap Behringer interface - should do the trick. Beyond that, a DAW (I'd recommend Reaper for function and price). Find yourself some free VSTs, and you've got a completely serviceable setup for recording.

6. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    I've recorded my basses directly through a Presonus Audiobox USB into Cubase 4.0 LE (which came with the interface; those come with Studio One now) with no issues.

7. keyboardguy

keyboardguy Supporting Member

May 11, 2005
    Yes, Reaper Nice program. You can get great FREE VST's at kvraudio.com

See below:

Free instrument, effect and plugin host