1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What is the best website host?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jady, Mar 15, 2008.

1. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    My Myspace music site just ain't cuttin it anymore so I want a full blown website. I am looking for something with domain registration, music and video streaming ability, a web building software (or online) package and good reliable support. I know a little html but a wysiwyg interface would be best.

I am looking at 1and1.com right now and was looking for other options.

2. Sir Edward V

Sir Edward V Not Actually Knighted... Yet!

Dec 11, 2006
    Massachusetts
    I used to make a web site for my band, but I lost interest because we didnt really need it and it never got complete. I did everything myself in HTML or Javascript and CSS (cascading style sheets), but I used tripod to host the files and I don't remember who I bought the domain from... i think it is still up though http://www.salacioussounds.com thats it if you want to check it out, but its not very good in retrospect.

I never used anything but text editors to make web pages so I can't help with building programs...

3. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    I've used iPower for hosting for both business and music related sites, but I've always done all the coding myself and rarely used their tools.

That said, one thing you may want to check out is Swish, which is an easy tool for making swf files (flash) either to create a whole website or to set up a jukebox and/or set up videos on your page depending on which application(s) you buy.

Though it's been put in hibernation at the moment while the band retools, you can check out a page I made using Swish at www.sonicaether.com. If you notice, I have the Swish player embedded at the bottom. It's disabled at the moment, but it allows people to listen to our tracks. I pulled the two videos offline as well, but from my experience this has been an easy way to set up a professional looking and multimedia site.

Hope that helps.

4. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    hostgator.com

Best service for a website I've ever had.

5. jwbassman

jwbassman Supporting Member

Aug 9, 2006
    Jady:
    Feel free to check out my band site. http://www.toredownhouse.com

I do website design as a second job. There is a company Dagnet Solutions that I work with. It is a WYSIWYG content manager. I can do the template design. You get a a lot of cool features.

I pm'ed you with some other sites.