Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What is the best

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by kurtolo, Nov 5, 2005.

1. kurtolo

kurtolo

Nov 3, 2005
    Italy
    Hello,

I want to buy a multieffect but I have a little budget (about 100 $)

What is the best of these pedals?

ZOOM 607

ZOOM B2

DIGITECH BP200

BEHRINGER BASS V-Amp

Fabi :bassist:

2. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Hi, welcome to TB!

I have a Zoom 607 that I use for rehearsing. It's a bit hissy but... it's cheap.

I also have a V-Amp (the Pro version, but there's not much difference). The amp modelling side of this is really very good (especially for the price). Some of the actual effects are okay, some are not. It sounds to me like you want effects rather than the amp modelling capabilities, right?

I would have to say think about what you REALLY want to use one of these for, then if you can try some of them out (you haven't filled out your profile, so not knowing your location it's not possible for us to suggest where you might be able to do that).

For practising at home and experimenting with a few effects you may get some fun out of any of these. Bear in mind that you, of course, get what you pay for and the quality will reflect that. But at that price, you may be able to use these to learn a bit more about what you want to do with them and get some better stuff later, without having spent too much early on. Go try some!

3. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

For 100 you'd be better going 2nd hand.
    Check eBay for older Korg or Boss units.

4. kurtolo

kurtolo

Nov 3, 2005
    Italy
    I want a pedal to have fun when I play, also if I don't use it for live ehxibition. There are only some songs with effect in my band.

I was thinking also for an amp modelling to use it when I can't carry out my amp.

5. i am interested in the B2...it looks like it might be nice!
    but of the others, i'd say the Vamp

6. kurtolo

kurtolo

Nov 3, 2005
    Italy
    Other opinions?

7. I have a 607 that I use daily and while it is not perfect it is quick, ez & handy for all those times I don't wanna haul around the pedal board. Many of the players I use the Zoom with are always impressed that a plastic box can get such great sounds. The Zoom B2.1U looks really cool with much higher quality specs, metal case and a usb plug for recording and hooking it up to your computer.

8. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Somebody really needs to try the B2.1U
    MMmhhhh...

9. opivy3056

opivy3056 Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2004
    Annapolis, MD
    If I was you i'd spend the money on a Electro-harmonix Big Muff Pi (75 USD brand new!!)

its a great pedal to start out with. Most multi effect units in that price range will be crap. big muff is a solid choice for a great effect.

I realize im avoiding the question, but i thought id just put in my 2 cents.