1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What is the biggest mistake you have ever made in your life? AND...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mattsk42, Apr 30, 2009.

1. What is the biggest mistake you have ever made in your life? AND, what have you done since it happened?

Stories are good. One-liners, jokes, or one sentence replies are not.

Honestly. Everyone's heard all the jokes.

Let's hear how you've learned from it, too!

2. Happy to report, I haven't ever REALLY screwed up. Yet.

3. mjolnir

mjolnir Thor's Hammer 2.1.3beta

Jun 15, 2006
    Houston, TX
    My biggest mistake is dropping out of college. I went in with a good attitude, studied hard, paid attention in class, etc. etc. but circumstance was not kind to me... I was paired up with a roommate who would within only a few months become the biggest drug dealer in a 30 mile radius, and I joined a college rock band... the rest I'm sure can be guessed fairly easily. :D

Fast forward to now, I'm a citizen in good standing, in the process of buying my own home, have a decent job as an IT tech, in other words didn't end up digging ditches somewhere for $0.45 an hour. But... Without that little piece of paper, career advancement, as well as salary negotiations, have been more than a little difficult... I'm glad this is the biggest mistake I can report here, things could have gone much worse for me. :bassist:

4. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Ditto.

5. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Too many. No I will not list them on here.

6. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Intergalactic Mind Space CA
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
    Not investing in Microsoft.

7. artistanbul

artistanbul Nihavend Longa Vita Brevis

Apr 15, 2003
    Turkey-Istanbul
    Back in the late 90s me and my brother would see what kind of company names or common words didn't have a domain.
    Many nice 4 letters, some 3 letters and lots of big companies were available. Kinda wish we had bought some.

I think I don't know what my biggest mistake is yet.

8. Trauma Boy

Trauma Boy

Apr 22, 2009
    cleveland ohio
    I just learned never to give up on your dreams...and to always wear a condom

9. Jimmy Bones

Jimmy Bones

Feb 24, 2009
    Baxley, GA
    My biggest mistake(s) are:

Getting married at 19 and divorced at 20.

Never growing up when I really needed to to save my career. :(

My biggest accomplishment though, is having my two wonderful baby boys. <3

10. I second the second one.

11. jazzy grille

jazzy grille - Arrogant Bastard Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Sarasota, Florida
    Eating a salad in Peru and hoping on airplane 24 hours later.

Srsly. :scowl:

Getting a little too into marijuana and setting up a grow house operation wasn't a good idea either. I am one of few people that can say "I went to prison for weed", we are more rare than unicorns.

12. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    Not killing a few people that I know I should have.

13. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Remind me to never piss you off eh. :bag:

14. Steve

Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    Thinking about it, I can honestly say that I don't have any real significant regrets that would cause me to think, OMFG! I wish I could do that over again.

Nothing is ever 100% but, my life choices have given me a life that I'm satisfied with.

Admittedly, I'm low key, low maintenance and non-materialistic. If you you need to drive a Bently, my life would suck for you.

15. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio

16. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    Not looking both ways when crossing the road, falling off cliffs is bad to, right? (I was climbing up to jump off...), trying to jump a fence on a snow slide with new braces on, attempting to jump from one tree to another one 50-60 feet high.

Let the king live.

17. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    No huge regrets here, but I'm sure as I get older I'll wonder about whether I should've done more when I was young instead of act relatively responsibly.

18. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    Not having the courage to tell my first love how I felt about her. We ended up becoming very good friends through out high school, but lost communication with each other for about 14 years. We've been married to our respective spouses for about 20 years now.

I finally reunited with her about 5 months ago and finally told her how I felt about her back then. She cried when I told her but she never explained why.

19. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    We're you standing on her foot when you finally told her? That might explain it.

20. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    living life with regret is like living a lie. move on.