1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What is the biggest POS bass you have played?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cronker, Jun 2, 2014.

1. cronker

cronker

Feb 13, 2007
    Australia
    In the directly opposite spirit of the other thread around here, what is the worst bass you have ever played?

Mine would be a Cort - Steinberger ripoff. Terrible build, tone and electronics.

Discuss.

2. Yok

Yok

Oct 14, 2011
    Sydney, AU
    Anything by Ashton I have picked up has been pretty terrible. But then you have the local 'eBay brands' you find in Australia like Karrera, Econau, Century Star, Players etc etc. Just firewood....

3. Oh, POS! OK, that's easy. I played MIA Jazzes for years, took a 17 year hiatus. When I came back I picked up a MIJ (ultralite?) Fender PJ that was, yes, a POS. That woulda been around '95. Dead spots abundo and a really weak G string that I could barely hear in the mix. Traded it in on a MIA Jazz that was as good as the others I've owned. Still got it.

4. MIA 2001 Fender Precision. The D string pickup poles were super dead so the D string got no amplification. Terribly over relief on the neck, big fat chunky neck, which hurt my hand because it was so big, bridge sucked (it wasn't the high mass one they have on the new ones), the wiring was terrible; it cut out one gig. Ohhhh myyyy...

Actually...all MIAs I've played sucked. I'm sticking with my MIMs, thank you very much.

DannyBob likes this.
  5. toomanyslurpees

toomanyslurpees

Jan 21, 2009
    My first bass was a Kent hollow body I bought in three pieces, the face of the body wasn't attached, I glued it back together, then nailed it together too... just in case... it had no bridge, and I was in high school with next to no budget so I got a old fender bridge with a stripped height screw for 5 bucks.... string spacing was about as off as it can be so you can guess how that reflected in the playability... I'd say that was a pretty big POS... though, I kinda wish I still had it, it probably would have been a pretty cool cheap bass had it been fixed right.

6. my first bass was an electra that had super high action and sounded terrible. I was young so I ended up defretting it and then smashing it later.

7. Turdburgler 5000.

Horrid tone for days.

8. I can never remember any of the bad ones. I put them down and forget about them.

Zos Kia Cultus and JIO like this.
  9. ...they improved it a bit on the 6000...

JIO likes this.

10. That was a European only release if I remember correctly.

11. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    I've played some Warrior basses that were ASTOUNDINGLY bad...several of them!

12. Wow, that's right. You guys never got to play the 6 p/u in P-J-P-J-P-J config from Crappmeister.... Well, it really, really was a horrid POS anyways.

5StringBlues likes this.
  13. FerK

FerK Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Switzerland
    Easy. A cheapo acoustic 5-string. The low B kept popping out of the nut, the bridge pin also kept sliding out, would stay in tune. Bought it and sold it at a 25% loss within max. 2 weeks.

14. Maxdusty

Maxdusty

Mar 9, 2012
    Michigan USA
    A Dean Edge 09. Crappiest sound from the pickup (no definition, muddy as heck) and the feel of the neck was just terrible even after a set up. I ended up giving the bass to some kid for free.

Kustom_Thunder likes this.
  15. 4andnomore

4andnomore

Nov 14, 2008
    70s Telecaster - yeah, yeah, i know highly collectible now but what a lifeless turd that thing was.

SanDiegoHarry likes this.
  16. Doctor J

Doctor J

Dec 23, 2005
    77 Jazz. As above, with the added advantage of being heavier than my car.

rocmonster, JIO and SanDiegoHarry like this.
  17. jazznrick

jazznrick Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2006
    Woodlands, Texas
    Well instead of "biggest POS", I'm gonna go for "for the price it sucked".

I hated the Fender Mustang Pawn Shop. The looks drew me in, but it was the boomiest, no tone bass I've ever played.

SanDiegoHarry likes this.
  18. Apolicious

Apolicious

Jan 16, 2014
    your mom.

19. mr.mow

mr.mow

Feb 11, 2009
    Melbourne
    Endorsing Artist: BBE/G&L Basses
    Eastwood classic 4.. The tail was screwed in off centre which kept pulling the floating bridge off centre.
    The floating bridge splintered and snapped.
    The pickups had been mounted crooked in the cavities so the could not be adjusted due to being jammed up hard against the cavity walls..

Junk

20. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Jan 27, 2010
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    A Memphis P copy. The neck was so badly bowed you could have used it for archery.

Sent from my iPad using TalkBass