Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What is the differance between the Trace Elliot V4 to the Trace Elliot V4 type?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassMann2112, Jul 28, 2002.

1. BassMann2112

BassMann2112

Jun 21, 2002
    What is the differance between the Trace Elliot V4 to the Trace Elliot V4 type?

2. BassMann2112

BassMann2112

Jun 21, 2002
    I just bought a V Type TE head the V4, and it's tones are awesome. What's the differance with the two?

3. BassMann2112

BassMann2112

Jun 21, 2002
    OK so I just did some research on the V Type valve state amp's. There is a V Type 300H, lower end to the stronger V Type V4, V6 and V8.
    That is all I could find out. They are all V Type amp's.

4. Sorry BassMann, I haven't been avoiding you.

What I meant earlier was that NO amp (in my opinion) beats the sound of an ALL VALVE Trace Elliot. So the keepers are the V4, V6 and V8 heads... the other V-Type heads are still great units, but they are hybrid heads; i.e. valve state pre-amp and solid state power amp.

I'm sure you'll be happy with your V-Type... I know I am with my Mesa WalkAbout (also a hybrid head). But some day I will own a true all valve V. It's only a matter of time and money!!!

5. BassMann2112

BassMann2112

Jun 21, 2002
    My amp has all tubes in it. No solid state. I saw the solid state one today at Pro Am music. It's light as he11, same size head but no tubes in it at all. I wouldn't buy that head. But they are all V Type heads.

6. Then BassMann, you've got a keeper. Like I said, I will always lust for an all valve Trace head. Maybe someday the bass gods will smile on me and help make it so.

Enjoy your tone man... it really is the voice of god! :cool:

7. Jon R, not trying to rub it in(well, maybe just a little), I've just bought a brand new V4! Awesome head. I was hoping to try and get an Eden, but they are not imported into New Zealand, but now I'm glad 'cos I got the very last V4 available in Australasia. It has a sweetness I've never heard in any other amp, including the 400+. The only thing that's not awesome is the weight, about 50lbs, but it could be worse. (could be a 105lb SVT!!)