What Is The Difference Between A Mexican And American P-Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LimpChunk9, Jul 1, 2002.

1. LimpChunk9

May 8, 2001
    Bronx, NY
    I've finally decided to get a Fender P-Bass but I'm not sure about the whole Mexican or American brand. Can somebody clear this up for me? What are the differences between the two?
  2. Do a search on this topic and you will find tons of
    information(and opinions). :)
  3. PICK

Jan 27, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    A mexican P-Bass is made in Mexico by Mexicans and an American P-Bass is made in America by Mexicans. :D
  4. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    I guess ill post on this hehe
    since im in such a good mood ;)

well dude heres the deal.. america p basses are made by so cal natives... err.. in corona california.. in america corona means that thing around the sun.. and in mexico.. corona means beer!
    *grins slightly*
    the body shapes are a little different between the MIAs and the MIMs.. ive found that the MIAS have more rounded edges and the bodies feel better.
    but though.. ..seriously if you can find some.. go look for a pre early 90s fender MIJ(made in japan)... bass... ahhhh they are sweeet... and alot of them ive played are better than american p and j basses..
    Check out the geddy lee and the steve harris signature those are both Made in japan but since MIJ fenders arer getting pretty rare i think... i would play different ones
    because you can find a MIM somewhere thats much better than a MIA and the other way around..
    Hell ive played a squire for 150 that killed pretty much everything (sept a modulus and a steinberger though *grins*)