What is the DOD 250??!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by moosemoosemoose, Oct 20, 2005.

1. moosemoosemoose

Apr 29, 2005
    Ok just a quick question for you all......Is this pedal for both guitar and bass or what?
    I have done some searches but it doesnt seem clear what is it 'meant' to be used for.
    Hope someone can tell me
  2. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    it's an overdrive pedal

doesn't say waht it can be used for because it can be used for anything. a lot of guitarists use it and some bassists do too. i know i used to.
  3. moosemoosemoose

Apr 29, 2005
    thanks for the quick reply dude, ok, so, the pedal CAN be used for both and sounds good when you do??? Thats the main question, i have looked at reviews and sounds good to me. Are there any other pedals to consider?
  4. thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
  5. moosemoosemoose

Apr 29, 2005
    Thanks again guys, apart from skunkrawk, there always seems to be one penis who points out the obvious, however if he looked at my initial question he would see what i was asking about, and no i didnt say what i wanted as i was just looking for an answer to that question, and thanks a bunch for the dod.com, very decriptive, it ranges from "just a touch of overdrive or the full fury of shredded meat" so not much use there (idiot). anyway back to point.
    I'm looking for an overdrive/distortion (preferably overdrive) pedal just for live use, all i want is a touch of overdrive to beef up the sound, nothing seriously heavy at all.
    I have tried out the boss 0DB-3 pedal and yeh it seems fine to me but i was wondering if there is anything more tailored specifically for what i'm after, as the boss one seems to be more of an all-rounder.
    Hope that helps ya'll
  6. skunkrawk

Apr 25, 2003
    i think i misread your initial post and misunderstood the question. when you said 'what is it meant to be used for,' i thought you meant what fuction does the pedal have (used for overdrive, chorus, delay, etc) not whether it is MEANT to be used on bass or guitar (as you intended.) the question makes sense now that i read it correctly and i thus offer my sincere apologies. i think that more and more there are less honest question posts (like yours) and more of the ones that are "im too lazy to google something or search the forums so ill ask a question in a new thread thats been asked 80 times" now that THAT's been cleared up, i've heard that the hao rust ride is another nice OD, but with the dod at over half the cost i would just buy it instead, people swear by them. -d
  7. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage.

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    Wow, awkward way of putting it.
  8. xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Whilst the DOD site isnt overly helpful, skunk was actually trying to help you, and I dont think your response was warranted.

Anyway, here is some more information that I have found:

harmony-central.com : 39 reviews; including this

"This pedal is huge in the bass world becasue it doesnt lose any low-end and provides a nice, sweet, subtle overdrive. I have an EHX Big Muff which is great for really over the top (think Muse bassist Chris) but this provides a much subtler tone."

For more information on its application to bass, read the talkbass thread suggested above, in particular this post from our resident fx guru Tecx: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1288711&highlight=DOD+250#post1288711

For a list of every time DOD 250 is mentioned in that thread, look here: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/search.php?searchid=1509431

There is a wealth of information on this site, hopefully it will guide you in your decision.