1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What is the model number of this GK head?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DeeCup, Apr 26, 2009.

1. DeeCup

DeeCup

Mar 16, 2009
    Thank you!

(Found it in a youtube clip and fell in love with the tone)

Attached Files:

2. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    That looks like either the 700rb-II or the 1001 rb-II. they both have an awesome sound.:bassist:

3. jam.majors

jam.majors

Mar 24, 2009
    Louisville, Ky
    +1
    700 or 1001. I loved my 700 combo, but it just weighed too much for luggin...

4. DeeCup

DeeCup

Mar 16, 2009
    How would you rate that sound, compared to an Ampeg?

5. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Banned Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Hi DeeCup.

Gallien-Krueger's web site.

6. Your41Plague12

Your41Plague12

Oct 30, 2007
    There are a LOT of different Ampegs. Are you considering a tube one or solid state one? As far as solid state Ampegs go, that GK will blow it out of the water. If you're asking about an SVT though, that's strictly a matter of preference. If you like a gnarly, in-your-face, growly tone, go with the SVT. If you like a clean, punchy tone with some high-end sheen, go with the GK. Both amps are great, but it's like comparing apples to oranges. It really depends on what you play.

7. jam.majors

jam.majors

Mar 24, 2009
    Louisville, Ky
    I've never owned an Ampeg (weird, right?), but I did play on a friends 15" combo for a little while. It had a nice warmth and sweetness to it.
    From that, my old 700RB/210 combo had a great growl and a nice full low end. (I had often thought of adding a second 210, but that was just for vanity.) It allowed for a very nice slap sound, and just always had lots of growl. Really, that's the word: growl
    I heard that old 210 being played in a room of 350 people a few weeks ago and it was nice and strong, absolutely filled it up.

8. DeeCup

DeeCup

Mar 16, 2009
    thanks!!