1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What is the most suitable head for the markbass 6x10?

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by warwick$$CHRODH, Oct 2, 2008.

1. warwick$$CHRODH

warwick$$CHRODH

Oct 2, 2008
    If anybody has suggestions on the subject please let me know. my current rig is working out wonderfully. I upgraded my cabinet to a 6x10 by markbass and I'm pushing it with the Markbass Little MarkII which is advertised at 500 watts however its actually 600 watts. The cabinet is 1200 watts RMS, I want more volume due to the music I play. THIS IS THE SITUATION, ANYBODY GOT IDEAS OUT THERRRR?????

2. First off, you would probably be better off posting this in the Amps forum.

Second, how are you EQing your amp? Are you cutting mids and boosting bass? If you do, you'll kill the headroom on your amp pretty fast. Mids are your friends in a live situation.

Third, if you're playing live, you should be getting most of your overall volume from the PA system, and your amp should mainly be your moniter. If you're not getting enough volume out of 500 watts into six tens for PRACTICE, you need to tell your bandmates to turn down. That's just ridiculous.