1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What is the name of this amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sartor, Mar 22, 2009.

  1. sartor


    Mar 22, 2009
    Hello, new member here. I'm a guitarist and have decided to double on bass. An elderly player suggested an amp (vintage equipment), but I've forgotten its name. I'll relay his description and perhaps someone will be able to tell me what it is.

    It's a small tube amp that unfolds somehow, so the tubes are exposed on the top of the amplifier.

    I apologize for the vague description. Does anyone here know what I'm describing?
  2. anderbass


    Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
  3. Most likely the Ampeg B15. There is one available in the Amps for sale forum with a pic.
  4. sartor


    Mar 22, 2009
    That's it, I'm sure. Thank you both for the quick responses. I had no idea it was so heavy!
  5. JimmyM

    JimmyM Supporting Member

    Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    While I'm a huge fan of the B-15, I probably wouldn't recommend it to someone who wants to double on bass. Great sound, works well for me on gigs, but I don't play too loud, so I'd probably go with something with a little more power for the money.
  6. MNAirHead

    MNAirHead Supporting Member

    For the money.. Peavey TNT and TKO (USA MADE) are probably 2 of the bigger bargains until you decide you like bass.
  7. sartor


    Mar 22, 2009
    Thanks for the advice!

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.