1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What is the official name of the connectors that EMG uses for their "solderless"

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Rickett Customs, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Rickett Customs

Rickett Customs

Jul 30, 2007
    Southern Maryland
    Luthier: Rickett Customs...........www.rickettcustomguitars.com
    What is the official name of the connectors that EMG uses for their "solder-less" connectors??

The only thing that I can seem to find that is even close is a "Shunt" terminal. Is this correct?

Just trying to get some more info, so that I can incorporate these EMG connectors, with an on board pre, without having to solder anything.

***Please note, I have no single issue with soldering, so save yourself a few seconds and don't ask, "why don't you just solder it"......

Thanks

2. I don't believe they have any proprietary name for them. They just use generic electrical terms like "connector body".

3. SGD Lutherie

SGD Lutherie Banned Commercial User

Aug 21, 2008
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Owner, SGD Music Products
    The regular connectors are called headers and pins. You also need a crimping tool.

The Jameco part numbers are:

Pins Part# 100766

Housing 163686

The pins are the female part.

Then you want headers, which are the male part. I have that part number somewhere.

That housing is for the 5 pin connectors like on the EMG HZs

The newer solder less connectors are similar.

4. Rickett Customs

Rickett Customs

Jul 30, 2007
    Southern Maryland
    Luthier: Rickett Customs...........www.rickettcustomguitars.com
    I may not need the connectors after all, but thanks for the link, David.

From what I see, on the solderless "hub", there are also places to solder on the board as well.......... So, if the theory is correct, I could possibly connect the pre from the solder points and just plug the pickups and battery leads into the "hub"............and use the onboard pre (Audere)"out", to go straight into the jack........

Solder points are above the 9v in area and below the pickup in area:

emg_pickup_buss.