1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What is the purpose of this bass?

Discussion in 'Bass Humor [DB]' started by pklima, Jan 19, 2012.

1. pklima

pklima Commercial User

May 2, 2003
    Kraków, Polska
    Karoryfer Samples
    The most logical explanation I can come up with is that if I ever needed a bass to play at a gig that's in a bathroom, this would be good because it would match the sink and toilet.

[​IMG]

2. irbassist

irbassist

Jun 17, 2009
    My friend has one just like that!!
    I don't know the purpose. The sound is really horrible. I guess the one good thing about it is that it's pretty much indestructible. You can stand on it and play it. It's a novelty thing really.

3. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    It must be pretty bad; the guy playing the cajon is pretending to not know the bassist.

4. Beginner Bass

Beginner Bass

Jul 8, 2009
    Round Rock, TX
    A&R, Soulless Corporation Records
    I think there was a Retro-Rama article about a similar bass in BP not too long ago; I'd look for it but I'm too lazy right now. I think it said they came about from WWI when they needed to make a good durable instrument that they could send overseas.

5. Say what?

6. Beginner Bass

Beginner Bass

Jul 8, 2009
    Round Rock, TX
    A&R, Soulless Corporation Records
    Found the article: Bass Player, Pg. 14, August '10

7. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    So much info in this pic.... like "never, ever wear cargo shorts, ever".

8. rprowse

rprowse

Dec 17, 2005
    Wellington NZ
  9. then where can you keep your extra pan flute, recorder, egg shaker, other instruments of torture?

10. The purpose of these basses is to make my bass actually look good!

11. Hahahaha! I play cajon, I made mine out of materials I had. I'd pay more for my cajon than that thing. Looks like it got lost at an NHS clinic!!!