1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What is the purposes of all these club thingies?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Blackened Soul, May 15, 2011.

1. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Moved to Off Topic.

2. Blackened Soul

Blackened Soul

May 13, 2011
    Well so far this has been a successful first thread:bassist: Most of what you all have said is what I guessed but the numbers of them I see and what they are about seemed a little silly:p So I thought it might be a something good to look at:D That you all for your posts and thoughts!

Suit yourself. I can say the same for the bright and clean sound that is ever so popular... sounds like poo to me.. smiley_shrug.

3. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    op - he's being facetious. the man is a fine connoisseur of effects, sampling many, if not DOZENS, of different pedals daily.

he can bend space and time with the correct number of pedals on his board turned on at the same time.

BLADOW.

4. Verifying that JWR is, in fact, an effects junkie.

5. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    You seem to be contradicting your signature, OP.

6. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Yep. I've found them pretty helpful when I've had questions about a particular bass or amp maker, or a certain model. And I like to think I've helped a few folks who have posted in the one club thread in which I'm active.

7. jwr

jwr

Jun 28, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    lulz

8. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    effects. WHORE.

there. i said it. i regret nothing.

9. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    I think this is the most that behndy has ever posted in OT.

10. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    ****. this is in OT? i thought this was in EFX.

i'm OUT.

11. HAH! Made ya look!

12. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    *is ignoring EVERYbody*

13. Blackened Soul

Blackened Soul

May 13, 2011
    Ok so. If I wanted to join the right club that goes with my bass... Do I join: The Precision Bass club, The Fretless club, The Frankenstein club... and/or is there a PJ club and a sunburst club.. I guess I could do it all but that seems like over kill:D

14. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    you a dirty, dirty mens.

*looks around bewildered*

murrr? where the ****'d NOiZE's post go?!!?

15. nocontrols

nocontrols

Apr 2, 2011
    I agree. It's a good way of organizing a ton of info into neat little piles. Plus, it lets you know where to go if you want to talk about a new bass you got with like-minded players. Why is this important to anyone? I don't know... ask yourself why you bothered to sign up for a message board to talk to other bass players?

16. People join clubs as yet another vein attempt of achieving a purpose for their short, pointless lives.

17. UncleMattGuy

UncleMattGuy

Jan 26, 2011
    Hal Patino fan club!

18. IMO, "joining" a club simply gives you the number to put in your sig, kind of like a membership card in your wallet. It's symbolic.

The more important aspect is "participating." I participate in a lot of clubs that I haven't bothered to formally join (though I have the gear). But going to those threads is interesting and informative to me, and I freely share when I have something to offer.

"Participation," either sharing or receiving info and support, is the real value of the clubs.

19. That up there!

20. L-A

L-A

Jul 17, 2008
    Eh?
    Well, I'm a Mensa member, but that should be obvious since everyone knows I play bass.