Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What is the radius of the Geddy Neck?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by momo, Feb 3, 2006.

1. momo

momo

Oct 22, 2005
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I was looking at the fender setup guide, and it recommends relief based on neck radius. I don't know what mine is, or how to measure it. Any help?

Also, I have heard it is common for MIMs to have a neck that tilts a bit to one side. I have my GL neck on a MIM body, and I am worried about this messing up the neck. Not to mention, I think it is affecting the sound. If I just drill the holes out a bit wider, will this help get the neck into place the way it should be?

2. basseuphoria

basseuphoria

May 19, 2005
    Fender website quotes "9.5"

3. Volk

Volk

Dec 18, 2005
    South Jersey
    That's the fretboard radius, I don't know if necks have a consistant radius.....actually the radius might be the depth of the neck which can be found on the fender site

4. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    The Fretboard radius is the one he's concerned with- the measurement that Fender suggests setups according to.

5. LOL.... I worked for 5 years with a brilliant drummer but sooo relate to that quote. Needless to say I have never worked with him again.