1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What is the strangest movie you cry at?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by FingerDub, Jun 19, 2016.

Tags:
  1. FingerDub

FingerDub Inactive

Jan 8, 2016
    I just cried at a movie perhaps no one else would. I don't wanna say now. Maybe later.

2. bolophonic

bolophonic Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    Don't feel bad... Bing Bong's sacrifice made us all cry.

3. Bambi

47th Street likes this.
  4. twinjet

twinjet WASH YOUR HANDS Staff Member Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2008
    Barefoot.

5. zontar

zontar

Feb 19, 2014
    J-5
    I've never cried watching a movie.
    Doesn't mean there was never a scene that affected me emotionally--some people cry at the drop of a hat--some don't--but may be more emotional that the one blubbering.

6. I might have had a bit of a tear in my eye at the end of "Cars", when Lightning McQueen pushes his wrecked opponent over the finish line...

47th Street likes this.
  7. When I quit drinking, I cried watching cat food commercials. Everything made me cry.

But the weirdest cry session I had was in the hospital. I had a staph infection, two broken legs, and my skin was falling off as a result of a reaction to an antibiotic. The doctor told me I had two days left unless things turned around.

They put me on what they said was the largest dose of prednisone ever prescribed, and to be wary of emotional outbursts.

I cried like a baby when Rudolph got sent to the island of misfit toys.

Don't almost die in the hospital during the holidays. It blows.

8. repoman

repoman

Aug 11, 2011
    Kinderhook NY
    Maybe not strange but Field of Dreams.

47th Street likes this.
  9. Gorn

Gorn Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Spock "dying" in Wrath of Khan always gets me misty eyed.

MAJOR METAL and crucislancer like this.
  10. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I suppose it's not weird, but since becoming a father I can't watch anything where a parent and child get separated or killed without crying. Saw "Interstellar" yesterday and I was a weepy mess.

Oh, and Bing Bong. I think the theater got awfully dusty for a bunch of us that day.

11. Gorn

Gorn Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    A good actor doing a good cry can get me and I have no kids. When he's crying watching the video of his kid all grown up, it's hard not to feel it.

Bryan R. Tyler likes this.
  12. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I bought 17 Lincoln Towncars because of Matthew McConaughey, and I can't even drive.

GregC, 47th Street, Immigrant and 2 others like this.
  13. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

I was reading all the responses before I was going to put mine. The very last movie I've seen that wrecked me was Interstellar. His daughter in the hospital bed and him struggling with his emotions. . . yeah.

Bryan R. Tyler likes this.
  14. Funky Ghost

The main problem I have with those commercials is that his shirt is on the entire time.

47th Street and Bryan R. Tyler like this.
  15. Gorn

Gorn Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    See that scene didn't get to me. The concept of his daughter growing old and him coming back not having aged was brilliant, but visually I couldn't emotionally connect with the relationship. I always felt like they should've extended that scene so he could talk to the rest of that family that he's the great, great etc grandfather of. They barely acknowledged each other.

Funky Ghost likes this.
  16. Funky Ghost

I get it. I, however, am the father of 3 girls, one of which has passed. It hit me directly in the emotion place :)

17. blastoff99

blastoff99 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2011
    SW WA, USA
    I cried early on in Les Mis because I looked at my watch and realized there was still 90 minutes to go.

18. Like others, Bing Bong got me. The end of Toy Story 3 gets me literally every time I catch it when the kids are watching it (both the fire part and the end itself). It must be a goal of Pixar's to make people cry because the first ten minutes of Up got me good the first time I watched it as well.

47th Street likes this.
  19. Robroy

Robroy Guest

Jun 21, 2006
    The movie that has me crying almost from beginning to end is The Time Traveler's Wife.

20. Robroy

Robroy Guest

Jun 21, 2006
    The first ten minutes of Up are cinematic excellence. Such a complete story. Such power. Such emotion. And in ten minutes any feeling human being raised in the American culture is bawling like a baby.

smeet and 47th Street like this.