1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What is the "TalkBass" of vinyl forums?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Goatrope, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Goatrope

Goatrope Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Sarasota Florida
    I've witnessed the evolution of media formats over my 55 years, and I've always embraced new technology.

Unfortunately, I considered the older media obsolete, so quickly tossed away, or gave away LPs, 8 tracks, cassetts, CDs, mp3s, as new formats became available.

It's only taken 30+ Years to wake up, but now my interest in vinyl has been revived. Funny that it's my daughter who has got me looking at this again.

Anybody have a favorite vinyl/ turntable/ audio forum site, with a fairly high volume churn of activity, ala TalkBass? Not only would I like to replenish my vinyl collection, but looking for gear to play it.

Thanks for any input!

2. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Ohhhhh..... audio vinyl.... if you want a good place for video vinyl, Capacitance Electronic Discs (CEDs), I know a good forum but it isn't very active. I was never heavy into audio vinyl.

Goatrope likes this.
  3. mpm32

mpm32

Jan 23, 2009
    This is where I went after I got back into vinyl, pretty active site. Actually, I never left vinyl, it left me since it became harder and harder to find. I was the last of my friends to start buying CDs. But this second go round, I got myself a nice Thorens TD-147 vintage TT and I try to find 180g records when I can.

Turntable Forum - Vinyl Engine

Goatrope likes this.
  4. repoman

repoman

Aug 11, 2011
    Kinderhook NY
    This forum is very active and covers EVERYTHING audio related. I've been on there for years and have received a wealth of information leading to many great purchases (and many great avoidance's, if that makes sense lol )
    Audiokarma Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums

Goatrope likes this.
  5. Goatrope

Goatrope Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Sarasota Florida
    Those are some really good leads! Thank you three for that!