Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What is the "V" profile shape on a Pedulla?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Panther, May 13, 2005.

1. Panther

Panther

Dec 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia
    I'm guessing that it is the way the neck feels where your thumb would be on your fretting hand.....

..does it feel more natural that way, or would there be an adjustment to getting used to the feel.

I'm nowhere near a Pedulla dealer, and I've never seen one other than online....

2. Lonnybass

Lonnybass Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2000
    Minneapolis by way of Chicago
    Endorsing Artist: Pedulla Basses
    Pedulla's have a "soft V" shape that, at least to me, feel very comfy. The tip of the V is the center part of the neck which then flattens out on either side to the full width of the neck. If you like a big fat baseball bat neck, the Pedulla probably isn't for you, but everyone who picks mine up loves it.

Lonnybass

3. Panther

Panther

Dec 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia
    Thanks Lonny!

4. Larzito

Larzito

Aug 1, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    I like the Pedulla soft v a lot. In terms of feel, it gives the neck a bit more depth sort of like a P neck, but has the overall slimmer characteristics of a jazz neck. I wish more makers used the concept.

5. Lonnybass

Lonnybass Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2000
    Minneapolis by way of Chicago
    Endorsing Artist: Pedulla Basses
    Glad to help. The necks definitely have a unique handsculpted element to them that I haven't really seen on many other basses. And when you think about it, it seems to fit the hand ergonomically (similar to Tobias's asymm neck design). Maybe this has something to do with everyone saying, "wow, this is like a sports car!" when they handle my bass.

Lonnybass

6. rockdoc11

rockdoc11

Sep 2, 2000
    I agree. The bass that feels closest to my MVP is an old Jazz bass.