1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What is the world coming to?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Chipsonfire, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Chipsonfire

Chipsonfire

Jul 20, 2007
    Socorro, NM
    I was making some ramen and tuna a few minutes ago, and while waiting for the water to boil, I read the tuna and ramen packets. One thing that caught my eye is the fact that, on the package for the ramen, it said "To reduce sodium, use less seasoning." Well no crap. But it gets better: under the ingredients section of the tuna, it said "Tuna (fish)." :rollno: After the whole Jessica Simpson thing I can kinda understand this, but still it's stupid. THEN, below the ingredients theres a warning: "Contains Tuna". . . :eyebrow: One can only hope that this can of Tuna contains Tuna. I'd be more worried if it DIDN'T contain Tuna. I think we should leave these warnings off and let these people who are allergic to Tuna eat the ****ing can of Tuna!

2. Techmonkey

Techmonkey

Sep 4, 2004
    Wales, UK
    I agree with you, but it's not stupidity which drives people to injure themselves with the most basic of food items, but greed - they just want to sue the manufacturers of said products because it'll save them putting a little work in to get their money.

:rollno:

3. Jonny B

Jonny B

Nov 5, 2006
    WI
    An end?

4. jsbass

jsbass

Sep 3, 2006
    WI
    Your just noticing this now? It's always been like that. For years.

5. Thank the lawyers.

Soon there will be no room for the product name.

6. We don't get that much but i'm sure it will come soon. I guess the one of the reasons for them to do it is if the cooking equipment was used to also prep nuts for example. I've seen some packaging here say may contain nuts and it was something like a ketchup bottle.

7. Chipsonfire

Chipsonfire

Jul 20, 2007
    Socorro, NM
    Yea, that makes sense. But "Contains Tuna" on a can of tuna? C'mon now.

8. doctorjazz

doctorjazz

Oct 22, 2006
    Wilmington, NC
    Welcome to the reality of constantly dumbing down society and making special allowances for the folks in the lowest common denominator.

9. You'd sure hope so. Out tuna tins are covered in dolphin safe. Over here there a bunch of health and animal lib nutters.

Over here a common thing to eat at the football is meat pies. In the US i think you guys are into the hotdogs and beer here it's the meat pies and beer.

The meat pies contain something like 20% meat. mmmm lips and aholes

uurgghh