What is this bass and is it any good?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by chimp_spanner, Oct 10, 2002.

1. Hi all, I hope I've done this right - I've never tried attaching a file before. Its a Warwick 5 string streamer that's goin cheap (i think) £255 last i looked. Only the dude selling it doesnt give much info in the way of model number, specs etc. I was wondering if anyone in the know would recognize it from the pic, which is hopefully attached to this message if iv done it right :D

l8rz all
  2. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    that's a fake. maybe a far east copy of that model. take a look at the headstock, that's not the usual warwick logo....
  3. ****, really? i mean the guy sez sumthing about it being german built, and that its not like the rock basses, it has a 'proper' warwick headstock. evidently not. well thats eBay for ya :rolleyes:

anyone else shed any light on this?
  4. looks like a 5 string streamer standard to me.

go here

5. yep, streamer standard. Not the greatest IMO.
  6. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    sorry i overlooked... the guys are right, that's a W!!

sorry again for messing around....
  7. Haha no worries barroso, its a pretty bad picture anyway. ;) Ok well in either case it doesnt look like the sort of thing im after. im thinkin more along the lines of dual pickup, active. still, thanks for the help anyway peeps!!
  8. CS

Dec 11, 1999
    It's a Warwick Standard (as stated by others). They are/were approx £460 new. So £255 is not a bad price. There was a purple one on loot for a fortnight before the ad disapeared and the asking price was £290.

Oops the price and example was for a 1 pup 4 string so the 'deal' is looking a bit better.

At that price it would be a good fixer upper (ie upgrade the passives maybe change the pup) at a later date.

I'm always on the look out for one for my son (if he can stop buying gamecube stuff).

EDIT hey Chimpy just seen your last post-where is the ad for the bass?
  9. CS

Dec 11, 1999
    It works, thanks
  10. oldirtymoney

oldirtymoney Banned

Jul 16, 2002
    california, carslbad
    looks like a streamer pro model
  11. BillyBishop

Feb 7, 2001
    If you can find one, go for the two pickup version. I have one. It's waaaaaay better and only a little more expensive.