1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What is this bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by The Metal Guy, Jul 30, 2007.

1. The Metal Guy

The Metal Guy

Nov 5, 2005
    Hey, I was just watching this video of DragonForce and thought the bass looked really cool, unfortunately I was never able to track any information on it down. So I'm asking you guys what company this bass is made by and what model it is.

Thanks

2. Hard to tell from the video. But, I've seen their bass player in magazine ads for ESP basses.

3. I'm so very sorry - have you seen a Doctor yet? ;)

Seriously, as for the bass Wikipedia lists Frédéric Leclercq as using an ESP Forest Bass Guitar (as Dave pointed out) as well as a Mister Fof Modele FL-4 Bass Guitar.

[​IMG]

I would have guessed BC Rich, and how does he not rip his vinyl/leather pants on the horns of the beast? :eyebrow:

4. Soma666

Soma666

Aug 27, 2006
    terrible

5. nipperooney

nipperooney

Jul 5, 2007
    Sweet bejeezus! Wat was wrong with the guitars at the start. Don't bands like this bother tuning? It sounded like a couple of trains went past honking their horns.

Bass was pretty cool looking tho, if you play that kind of stuff.

6. The Metal Guy

The Metal Guy

Nov 5, 2005
    Yeah DragonForce are notorious for being out of tune live. Though when I went to see them they weren't nearly that bad. That was pretty grim. I just wanted to know what that bass was :p

The bass player can apparently do some serious singing though, he busts it out pretty good at 3:05

7. Thats what we in the business call 'el sharpo'

8. The Metal Guy

The Metal Guy

Nov 5, 2005
    Neither of the above listed basses were the same one in the video. I've seen Fred in some ESP adds too but that bass wasn't ESP. I was gonna say B.C Rich but that headstock doesn't look B.C Rich-ish.

9. Mofo-Kang

Mofo-Kang

Aug 26, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    Heh. This is what Dream Theater would be like if they were all 14 and obsessed with the LOTR movies. :)

10. The Metal Guy

The Metal Guy

Nov 5, 2005
    I have never heard that worded more perfectly in my life.

11. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    My goodness...:rollno:

12. Chandler Bing

Chandler Bing

May 16, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    Blimey is it 1987 again? Yikes.:eyebrow:

13. jomahu

jomahu

Dec 15, 2004
    Bos, MA
    the best description i've heard: Journey on speed.
    to me, it's like heavy metal techno. i don't mind it.

14. ubado

ubado

Mar 7, 2007
    FL
    +2

They sould leave dualing octive guitars to cats like Priest and Maiden. :smug: IF you can't top them... don't bother... it's been done better.

15. Stu L.

Stu L.

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
  16. afinalfantasy

afinalfantasy Banned

Jan 11, 2006
    This pictures sums up that company

[​IMG]

17. The Metal Guy

The Metal Guy

Nov 5, 2005
    I think it's probably a Moser custom shop from looking at the headstock.

How much money would I have to shell out for one of those babies?

18. Billy-Bob

Billy-Bob

Nov 4, 2005
    So Cal
    My thoughts exactly. That was painful to listen to, and it's all been done before.

Billy-Bob

19. And forgot how to be musicians. I have heard some of their studio recordings, and this sounds like 14 year old n00bs trying to immitate it. Yuck.