1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What is this bass ???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kingtrixon, Oct 24, 2010.

1. kingtrixon

kingtrixon

Oct 24, 2010
    Hello, I am new to this forum. I have recently purchased a bass guitar from a estate auction. It is an incredibly well made instrument, with exotic wood neck-thru construction.

There is no maker's mark anywhere, and no serial number.

High quality hardware and electronics include Bartolini pickups, Schaller tuning machines, Wilkinson bridge, electronics are not active.

Can anybody give me a clue as to what this bass might be?

Thanks
    Richard King / Kingsmusic on e-bay

Attached Files:

2. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

3. An estate sale? I imagine you probably got it for a good price then... That's like a 3 and a half grand bass right there!

4. kingtrixon

kingtrixon

Oct 24, 2010
    I looked inside one of the "F" holes, and sure enough, there is a faint, wodburned inscription that say's LINC .

5. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    Wow nice score from garage sale, errr estate sale. Lol. I use to sometimes pretend I go garage and estate sale hopping and find some really wonderful bass or guitar for super cheap in mint condition.

6. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    HA! That's awesome. I've recently gotten very interested in Linc Luthier - ever since I realized the guy that runs the architecture woodshop at school is in fact.. Linc Luthier. small world.