what is this bass's name?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by wonderboy, Mar 12, 2003.

1. wonderboy

Oct 27, 2002

i only ask because i got one in my possession free of charge for a day or 2, and a friend of mine wants to have one to screw around with at his house for when he records g****r tracks and his vox for his music. is buying this bass for about $75 a good deal or should i try to talk this cat down for my friend....anyone with any knowledge. please offer some insight.
  2. Looks a like a Billy to me...or maybe a Jonathan...

Wakka wakka

Actually, it looks like an Accu bass, but the headstock's different.
  3. Ben Mishler

Ben Mishler

Jan 22, 2003
    San Jose
    :confused: ....uhhh.... Ephiphone Precision bass copy? Is this a reading quiz? I am ever so confused.
  4. Hmmm.... dig the headstock, the black on black on rosewood.:cool:
  5. wonderboy

Oct 27, 2002
    when i ask what's it's name i mean like a warwick DOLPHIN or STREAMER or CORVETTE...in this case and epiphone ________. i am sure it's not just a 'p bass copy'
  6. Ben Mishler

Ben Mishler

Jan 22, 2003
    San Jose
    It is probably something that smacks of Precision, but is different enought to avoid lawsuits, i.e. "Acuracy" Bass.
  7. TheLarch

TheLarch Supporting Member

What about Epi-O.S.?

I shouldn't harsh on Epiphone - I have a Jack Casady that I totally love.

I "think" - not 100% sure - that this may be an Epiphone Power Bass II.

I think $50-75 is acceptable - just be prepared for the fact that it is very much a beginner's bass. If there are any plans to use it beyond the bedroom, your friend would put the money to better use buying a new Essex which is not all that much more $.
  8. herrspektor

Dec 21, 2002
    Dallas, Texas
    Yes, it's a Power Bass...not sure about it being a Power Bass II, but I had the honor (haha) of having one of these as one of my very first basses once upon a time.