What is this called?

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Aaron Saunders, Jun 10, 2003.

  1. Aaron Saunders

    Aaron Saunders

    Apr 27, 2002
    Well, I was just funking around and I did this thing was like a pull-off, but was also different. Instead of just taking my finger off of the string, I plucked it instead (with the finger I was fretting with, so in tabs it would have been G---5p3p0, but instead, I plucked with the pinky finger that was fretting five so it got kind of a G---5pP3pP0 [the capital signifying a pluck here]). It sounds kind of like ba---ba-da---ba-da---bahhhhh. I'd record it, but my 1/4"-1/8" adapter is being cruel.

    What is this pseudo-pulloff called?
  2. Wrong Robot

    Wrong Robot Guest

    Apr 8, 2002
    slipping :p
  3. brianrost

    brianrost Gold Supporting Member

    Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    It's still a pull off. I pluck when pulling off more often than not as it makes the note more distinct that way.