1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What is this clicking sound????

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dinghy, Sep 30, 2008.

1. dinghy

dinghy

May 27, 2007
    Saratoga, CA
    http://media.putfile.com/***-is-this-clicking-sound

It only clicks a couple of times in that recording, but sometimes it'll be way worse than that. I know it's not my technique because I've recorded with my ATK and it doesn't do that. I've pretty much isolated the problem to the bass. Same recording technique.

So what is it and how do I get rid of it? :mad:

edit: ok the swear filter is getting a little annoying. copy and paste the url but replace those three asterisks with 'w t f' without the spaces

and btw this is a SX PJ bass

2. Link seems to be dead???

3. dinghy

dinghy

May 27, 2007
    Saratoga, CA
    I changed the first post, gotta replace the *** with w t f

4. mikeboth

mikeboth The last thing you'll ever see

Jun 14, 2002
    Tallinn, Estonia
    Operator: prophecysound systems
    So the sound only appears when you do a recording? Can you try running your PC from another outlet? It might be a fridge / heater / air-con switching on and off.

5. ibanezcollector

ibanezcollector Yoyo's Hurt When You Crank It Into Your Face

Feb 18, 2007
    Cleveland Ohio
    itsounds like a bad wire or a short of some kind.. Could be anything really only way is to start from the beginning of the chain and work back to the bass..

Try a different outlet if still there then move on to a different cord, etc etc..

6. Probably your chord not cooperating well with your bass or maybe its your battery.