Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

what is this digitech synth wah?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by shwashwa, Oct 4, 2004.

1. shwashwa

shwashwa

Aug 30, 2003
    NJ
    is it digitech's answer to the akai deep impact?? does it have as many synth sounds as the akai? what's an envelope filter?

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    not really. It's an inexpensive synth/envelope filter pedal. The synth sounds are ok, I wouldn't say great. However, it's a GREAT octaver.
    No
    Here's a GREAT synth/envelope filter site: http://filters.muziq.be/

3. shwashwa

shwashwa

Aug 30, 2003
    NJ
    does the digitech have a control to blend the sound of the effect with the raw signal? if not, i guess i could just run it in my effects loop and control the blend that way. how is it as an envelope filter?

4. David Wilson

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    Yes there's a knob which controls wet/dry mix for the filter effects.

One question, did you look at the Digitech web site? If I had questions, I know I'd look there first. A lot of your questions can be answered there.

Pedal information here: http://digitech.com/products/BassSW.htm
    Also on that page, there's a 'listen' link which gives you a number of samples to listen to.

5. shwashwa

shwashwa

Aug 30, 2003
    NJ
    yes i did, thanks though. another question i have... i'm new to the effects game and i was looking at the ebs bass iq. it seems there may be more variations on the envelope filter on that pedal. it has up and down modes. does the digitech have that amount of adjustment in the envelopes too?
    thanks

6. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

I thought you read the site ?

7. shwashwa

shwashwa

Aug 30, 2003
    NJ
    like i said, i'm new to the effects and stuff, so some of the things they say on their site i dont totally understand. i just dont know what they mean, so i'm coming here for an english translation. i'm wondering if you can control the envelope filters as much on the digitech as much on dedicated filter pedals. also, the more i read the more questions i have...alot of people on here say they use it as an octave pedal.. can you use the octave feature and the envelope feature at the same time?

thanks again.

8. David Wilson

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    control and modes are two separate things. Even the EBS bassiq only has two basic controls, sensitivity and attack, but three modes (up/down/up with high filter). The digitech has similar controls, but it's not as good an overall filter as the EBS.
    however, for the money it's hard to beat it.
    Not to flog a dead horse, but on the samples page at the digitech site, one of the samples is 'octasub with filter'. Does that answer your question?

There's also the manual for download at http://www.digitech.com/ftp_mirror/PDFs/Manuals/XSeries Manuals/BassSynthWahManual.pdf

9. shwashwa

shwashwa

Aug 30, 2003
    NJ
    yes it does , thanks, but i didnt even know what octave sub with filter means..