1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What is this instrument?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Melik, Jul 4, 2014.

1. [​IMG]

2. CyberSnyder

CyberSnyder Gold Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Maryland
    I Endorse Alien Audio Basses
    I'm going with Schecter custom shop.

Edit: I was wrong, correct builder listed below.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
  3. McFarlin

McFarlin Supporting Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Does Schecter make a zero fret? Pretty sure their custom shop stuff still has a giant Schecter logo on the headstock. And...I have no idea. Who is the bassist?

4. It's a bass guitar! ;)

Splods, zontar and giantbaba like this.
  5. CyberSnyder

CyberSnyder Gold Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Maryland
    I Endorse Alien Audio Basses
    McFarlin likes this.
  6. Trevor Horn.

7. zontar

zontar

Feb 19, 2014
    J-5
    A 5 string, in fact.

8. Ritchie_Darling

Ritchie_Darling Bass @ AZ Supporting Member

May 22, 2006
    Arizona
    Impulse buyer...
    Trevor is kinda actually THE BOMB!

9. The bass (and Trevor) in action:

Malak the Mad likes this.
  10. moe.moe

moe.moe The song doesn't begin until the bass comes in! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Chicago
    Now I may be mistaken here so please don't quote me ok... But I'm thinking slightly feeling, actually no it's a very strong feeling that that instrument there possibly, maybe, (the chances are very favorable) that it might just be, ok I'll take a stab at it..... A BASS guitar ???? I could be wrong though...I have been before....
    Just saying.... :meh:

Looks like a custom Schecter... From back in the day.... But heck what do I know right!

11. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

I love it! It sounds EQ'd just like "Does It Really Happen To You?". If it weren't for the video, I would've sworn it was Chris Squire playing. This shines a little more light on how Yes and The Buggles ended up hitting it off and collaborating on "Drama".