Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What is this piece of gear?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by JJd2sc, Feb 26, 2006.

1. JJd2sc

JJd2sc

Jul 31, 2003
    Marietta, Georgia
    I couldn't really figure out where to put this, so ill try here. I haven't seen a buddy of mine in a while, but I remember he had a cool light in his rack. It had a few different colors and kind of hung overhead of the rest of the rack. Is this standalone? It could be attached to his tuner or his wireless.

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Few different colors? Did they change colors?

3. are you thinking of a power conditioner with those lights that stick out the front?

4. JJd2sc

JJd2sc

Jul 31, 2003
    Marietta, Georgia
    I think you hit the nail on the head! Thanks. Quick question... Im just starting my rack now and was wondering if i will need a power conditioner/power strip as one of my rack spaces to plug a tuner into?

5. um, i just plug everything into a power strip thats velcroed in the back behind everything.......and do you want the lights or the power conditioner? you can buy rackmounted snake lights....

6. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I recommend a power conditioner, it's a little bit more than a glorified power strip in the fact that it offers some protection and some actually filter your power. Don't ask me for more details on that, I'm not an EE.

7. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    You probably saw a Chameleon Racklight. They are an acrylic bar that channels different colors on a cycle. I have one in my PA. Its a fun toy to put in your amp rack. . . .unless you need something useful like a power unit. You can also get different color lamps for the Furman-type conditioners with the lights.

8. JJd2sc

JJd2sc

Jul 31, 2003
    Marietta, Georgia
    I think i am going to purchase something like this:
    [​IMG]

I like the looks of it, the price of it, and seems good to go.

Its called an Odyssey Rack Werk Light. Ive never heard of it before, any problems with it?

9. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    If that light doesn't retract there's a HUGE problem...getting the front cover back on the rack :help:

10. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    I agree with the comment about the rack front with that...I'd also think having a flourescent that close to your amp would be inviting problems.

11. JJd2sc

JJd2sc

Jul 31, 2003
    Marietta, Georgia
    Noted... I will look in to Furman rather than this. What is the problem with fluorescent lighting close to an amp?