Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What is this song, with the rolling bass line?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by The Frizzle Fry, Jul 3, 2005.

1. i hear it on classic rock radio all the time, its got that rolling bass line that if the root were A, it would go up to C then D, and then roll on A a while then go to G and come back to A. but its really long, and i thought i remember hearing it was by foghat, but im not sure.

anyone know what song it is?

2. Malodorous

Malodorous

May 19, 2005
    Illinois
    Rolling?? I have no idea what you mean, but Foghat is great and the only song I've ever heard on the radio by Foghat would be Slow Ride.

...and yes I am aware that this was a useless post.

3. Do you know any of the words(you can just say them if you don't want to sing)?
    Just a stab in the dark would be 'Walk on the wild side', by Lou Reed.

5. ok maybe it was a bad idea to say i thought i remembered hearing it as by foghat, my memory blows.

its not slowride or fool for the city. the bass line is straight eighth notes but it keeps moving forward, its a really nice feel, and its just the bass and drums and eventually theres a guitar solo ever it, and then theres this part where it changes up and it sounds kind of regal but due to my inability to describe things that may have been a bad idea to say that.

6. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    I just want to make love to you

7. try this estimate of a tab, this is from memory, its not right, and its in the wrong key probably

G-----------------------------------
    D-----------------------------------
    A-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-3-3-5-5-
    E-----------------------------------

G-----------------------------------
    D-----------------------------------
    A-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0---------
    E---------------------------0-0-3-0-

and i believe it repeats those two phrases

8. its not i just want to make love to you. lets pretend i never mentioned foghat, im pretty sure its not by them.

9. dude, i suck ass. i was going to say that ted nugent played a song similar to it last time i saw him. but me being retarded i didnt. so i went to check out some nugent songs with names that werent familiar and sure enough it was the first song i checked.

its stranglehold by ted nugent. man i really need to brush up on my nuge.

10. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Frizz'd-
    That TAB?
    Really, that could be almost anything.
    ;)