Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What is this, Spector loremasters?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by chipmolter, Dec 17, 2001.

1. chipmolter

chipmolter Guest

Aug 27, 2001
    Baltimore, MD
  2. Judging from the finishes available, they are likely pre-2000 Czech Spectors that were returned in less than new conditon and were slightly worn and needed re-finishing or re-fretting etc. The best bet is to call Musician's Friend and find out the specifics. This page is new since I checked he MF/spector page site a few days ago. if a warranty of at least one year is included for these basses then I'd more than take a chance with them!!! Go for it bro!!!

3. Come to think of it, they could be slightly repaired post 2000 models because the current models do have the same stain options. Again, best bet is to call and find out. also find out about the warranty.

4. chipmolter

chipmolter Guest

Aug 27, 2001
    Baltimore, MD
    Hmmm....

I contacted MF and got a little info. This Spector is made in Korea. The pic of the 4 stringer has been posted <a href="http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=011217131954208138202199152647/search/g=home/detail/base_id/58150">here.</a> I guess the black hardware gives it away, but the body-style looks more like the Czech/US models to me.

Didn't have time to wait for the CSR to track down a tech, so I don't know what the electronics are like or if it's neck through.

Oh well.

5. If these basses are a new model Spector then my first thought would be the new Czech made bolt-ons that were due to come out in January. Iwasn't aware of any new lines except that. If these basses are made in Korea then hmmm.
    I believe the MF rep you spoke to was misinformed and these are the new Czech bolt-ons which feature EMG HZ pickups with the 18 volt Aguilar preamp and black hardware.