Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

what is this????

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ripper, Mar 19, 2006.

1. Ripper

Ripper

Aug 16, 2005
    NY/NC
  2. Dbassmon

Dbassmon

Oct 2, 2004
    Rutherford, NJ
    Dimarzio PUPS. Can even say that with certainty but looks like.

3. It's a double neck guitar is what it is. You see, to make it easier on people, they sometimes combine them into one guitar! It's the wave of the future!!!!

Okay, enough slight sarcasm. I think that mighta been made buy someone. Like in their garage or something. Usually longer necks go on top (I'm not sure why). But hey, only $300 starting price doesn't seem too bad.

4. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    Call me crazy, but it reminds me of Dan Erlewine's Chiquita gu***** he made back in the 70's. Dan used the same color, knobs and cream pups for the Chiquita guitars.

[​IMG]

5. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Geddy Lee play a Ric Double neck Guitar and Bass?
    I would have no use for it and I play both, but not in the same song.

6. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    Geddy also plays the keyboard (like in YYZ).

7. What it is ..is God awful ugly... and I bet it ways 15 pounds or better. I had a double neck once (6 string and 12 string) it was a novelity item to me and I soon tired of it and disposed of it. If you switched from bass to guitar often there might be some value but the weight would kill you

8. bassaussie

bassaussie

Oct 6, 2001
    Portugal

Actually, I'm gonna go against you on that one. If you look closely at the Jazz pickup, you'll notice it's got extremely rounded corners. This is typical of Japanese instruments from the lates 70s, early 80s - you'll find them on basses like Cimar, Hondo II, Arbor etc. Obviously that's just one pickup, but couple it with the bass bridge that's also Japanese from the same period, and I think what you've got here is someone who's scavenged the parts and necks from two cheap Japenese instruments, then built a damn ugly body to put them on! :D In fact, I can even picture in my mind the bass this came from - I'll have to have a hunt around the net to try and find a picture. It was a psuedo-Alembic bass - made to look like a neck though, but actually a bolt on.