What is this?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Listen, Jul 25, 2002.

1. Listen

May 19, 2002
    I was at a concert, and there was a really good band called The Elvi (ask Frankencow150 how awesome they are) and they're all just up it there zuitsuits, and no they're not ska or swing, and I sat there staring and the bass players bass trying to figure out what the hell it was, can you help me out?[​IMG]
  2. lakerkobe

Jun 17, 2002
    Portland, OR
    I am no expert... but it looks like a Washburn RB series to me.
  3. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    yeah its a washburn i almost bought one.. i cant tell what color it is cause my moniters messed up but the pickguard is silverish or white..
    I really love that bass and i would like one.. they have 4,5 and 6 string models of it..
  4. Listen

May 19, 2002
    Thanks for the help! This is the first time I've seen him with that bass, he ussualy plays Cirrus and things like that.
  5. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    It's a Washburn. RB2000. Never played one but they look all right.

If it weren't for Bakithi Kumalo and their AB20 model which seems decent, I wouldn't consider Washburn basses at all.
  6. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I have to disagree. Washburn makes really nice basses. Their USA basses are REALLLLYYYY nice. XB-900, XB-920. Also some of their imports were awesome the XB-400, XB-500 (or 405). They just don't promote very well.
  7. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    Everytime I am reminded (thanks Nino) of the Washburn XB925 that I could have gotten new, on closeout for 45 percent of list, I kick myself for not buying.

I am comfortable in saying that the U.S. washburns play and sound as good as just about anything under $2,000.

8. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Actually, I like the look of the XB-925.

I think someone said some bad stuff to me about Washburn early on and I just took it to heart. With so many great brands to choose from, I just put Washburn in the "B" list. The only models I have seen are the lower end ones, so I guess that didn't help.

Great, another brand to take into consideration. Thanks a lot, Nino. :rolleyes: :D
  9. pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    i'll be the voice of dissent here, and say that the (admittedly, only one) washburn six string i owned was the worst six i've ever played: floppy b string, piss poor tone, tinny highs.

again, though, its the only one, so....