what is this

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by srbguitar, Aug 7, 2002.

1. srbguitar

srbguitar Guest

Jul 19, 2002
    Fremont CA
    i've been looking and saving for some new speakers for a long time and i found this on ebay, but i have no clue what it is here is the info and pic given.

Actual item is now black, instead of gray like the picture

2 15 bass cabinet loaded with 2 15" accordion surround drivers. System will handle 600 watts rms or 1200 peak, plays at 95db, runs at 4 ohms mono, plays from 25 to 5000htz, woofers have 50 oz magnets each and 2" voice coils, has speaker imputs as well as 2 1/4" jack imputs that you can daisy chain. 1" nickle plated metal corners, steel grills, 2 4" ports, rubber feet, large recessed metal bar handles, carpeted black, stands 36" tall, 14" deep and 18" wide, sounds awsome
  2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    looks like a sub box my buddy built for his Jeep
  3. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
  4. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    actually its a sub made by speaker-hole (not home-made but pretty close i guess), it is for bass guitar but i think that avatar is a much better choice....
  5. handlax14

Aug 13, 2002
    avatar doesnt sell a 2x15 bass cabinet do they?
  6. I actually just bought one of those. It hasn't arrived yet, so I can't tell you how good it is.

I'll come back later once I've had time to play through it and let you know. It may be pretty good, or a collosal piece of crap. Either way, I'll let you know.
  7. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Looks kind of Genz-Benzish.
  8. srbguitar

srbguitar Guest

Jul 19, 2002
    Fremont CA
    I just got the speaker and there is one thing in the picture that is missing. between the two speakers it has a symbol that says X Audio. It sounds great thought. i'm now saveing all the mony i can to get an Avatar 410 to add to my rig and make it bi-amp.
    2 15's and 4 10's,:D oh yea