Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

what is this

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by srbguitar, Aug 7, 2002.

1. srbguitar

srbguitar Guest

Jul 19, 2002
    Fremont CA
    i've been looking and saving for some new speakers for a long time and i found this on ebay, but i have no clue what it is here is the info and pic given.

Actual item is now black, instead of gray like the picture

2 15 bass cabinet loaded with 2 15" accordion surround drivers. System will handle 600 watts rms or 1200 peak, plays at 95db, runs at 4 ohms mono, plays from 25 to 5000htz, woofers have 50 oz magnets each and 2" voice coils, has speaker imputs as well as 2 1/4" jack imputs that you can daisy chain. 1" nickle plated metal corners, steel grills, 2 4" ports, rubber feet, large recessed metal bar handles, carpeted black, stands 36" tall, 14" deep and 18" wide, sounds awsome

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    looks like a sub box my buddy built for his Jeep

3. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
  4. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    actually its a sub made by speaker-hole (not home-made but pretty close i guess), it is for bass guitar but i think that avatar is a much better choice....

5. handlax14

handlax14

Aug 13, 2002
    Connecticut
    avatar doesnt sell a 2x15 bass cabinet do they?

6. I actually just bought one of those. It hasn't arrived yet, so I can't tell you how good it is.

I'll come back later once I've had time to play through it and let you know. It may be pretty good, or a collosal piece of crap. Either way, I'll let you know.

7. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Looks kind of Genz-Benzish.

8. srbguitar

srbguitar Guest

Jul 19, 2002
    Fremont CA
    I just got the speaker and there is one thing in the picture that is missing. between the two speakers it has a symbol that says X Audio. It sounds great thought. i'm now saveing all the mony i can to get an Avatar 410 to add to my rig and make it bi-amp.
    2 15's and 4 10's,:D oh yea