Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What is this?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jonathones, Sep 17, 2002.

1. Jonathones

Jonathones

Sep 17, 2002
    I recently recived a Bass Guitar from my dads friend. WE have no clue what it is. Upon ferther examination i have discoverd that hidden under the scratch board is the Chicago Bears Helmet and Name. On the headstock is a Star and the word star. I have ben unable to locat any serial numbers or anythign to identify it by. Can anyone please help me.

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Ah, someone has finally found the legendary Mike Ditka signature bass from Star Guitars!!

3. Jonathones

Jonathones

Sep 17, 2002
    um is this good? is it worth anything? i have been unable to fidn anythign abotu thsi bass where can i get information about it?

4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    :D :D :D

Sorry man, I'm just messing with you. I have no clue what kind of bass it is. Upload a photo if you've got one.

5. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Just a suggestion because sometimes this weird stuff has value in a particular market, (i.e. - some devoted Bears fan with a rathskeller/bar);

Contact the Public Relations guy for the Bears, tell them what you found and see if someone on the Bears was a bass player or someone like the Fridge owned it, (he looks like a typical fatass guy who tried the bass!).

It's the PR guy's job to handle this - they love to do this kind of stuff and may even ask to buy it from you. It could have been something from the Bear's "Super Bowl Shuffle" video.

If it sounds like a million bucks to you, I wouldn't let go of it. Those football players have stupid money but sometimes they spend it on junk.